Approaching Businesses
Approaching Businesses
This week my study partner and I approached a couple of businesses, one which was not keen on the idea and one which had no hesitation to oblige. The business we will be observing is GT Re-finishers which is a custom auto body and paint shop. The reason we chose this business is because we have dealt with them before and they work with a lot of cars that really peak our interest. Though it is not a performance or engine building business like we first hoped for, I am still excited to do our observations because it is a side of the automotive industry that I haven't seen much of nor had experience in and this will be a good opportunity to see what it's like. Though our main focus is on the operations of the business, I think we will still be able to ask questions about their trade and gain some knowledge of it as they have quite a laid back approach.
GT Re-finishers are based in Penrose, Auckland, and the work carried out at their shop is a work of art every time.
This is an example of a respray that was done at GT Refinishers.
This is an example of a respray that was done at GT Refinishers.

Figure 1. R32 Skyline. (GT Re-finishers, n.d.).
They also do custom body work which gives vehicles and aggressive look that most enthusiasts can appreciate.

The only downside to doing our observation with this company is that they don't invoice everyday as most jobs take a long time to complete. This also means that when we do observations they could be sanding one car the whole time. However, I think this business will still be good to observe and it will be different from other people at normal mechanics workshops. I think it will also give us opportunities to use critical thinking in our analysis.
Comments
Post a Comment